Based on the ground-breaking book, Teachers as Architects of Learning, this sought-after event provides a complete professional development package for middle leaders, teachers and coaches who lead teacher development in their school. You will be trained in how to deliver an evidence-based, contextualised and engaging professional learning experience to help your colleagues grow.
Become a certiﬁed Teachers as Architects facilitator for your school
You will be trained in how to deliver an evidence based, contextualised and engaging professional learning experience to help your colleagues:
- Weave new approaches into their teaching practice
- Use research and data to pinpoint their impact on learning
- Have structured and professional conversations with each other, focusing on their unique teaching development needs
- Learn how to bring classroom observation, coaching, reflective practice and teaching strategies together to elevate their practice
- Assess themselves through the power of self-reflection to raise the impact of their practice
- Inspire their students using learning-centred teaching strategies to maximise student engagement and agency.
This two-day interactive program is tailored to your specific requirements, which ensures that the course can be directly applied to your school’s professional development requirements.
This interactive, high-energy, relevant and transformational program is delivered by three of Australia’s leading authors and presenters.
Your registration includes a copy of the Teachers as Architects of Learning book and learning guide, a facilitator’s guide and Master PowerPoint presentation.
A truly transformational experience for you and your school!
The aim of this program is to help educators work with teachers to get better student results.
You’ll learn how to:
- Understand yourself as a learner
- Grow as a reflective practitioner
- Strengthen teaching practice in different contexts
- Conduct structured and professional conversations that centre on ‘development’
- Identify and act upon a specific and meaningful focus relevant to your professional needs
- More accurately self-assess your impact
- Help teachers to become effective researchers of their own practice
- Implement personalised and powerful action learning cycles
- Build a growth culture where teachers take ownership of their own learning
- Increase levels of teacher motivation
- Develop collective capacity to improve student learning
- Draw from 12 evidence based learning constructs and over 50 teaching strategies
Included in your registration is:
- Teachers as Architects Book
- Teachers as Architects Learning Guide
- Teachers as Architects PD PowerPoint
- Teachers as Architects Facilitator Guide
Clare is the founder and CEO of Clinical Psychology Australia. As an acclaimed educator and clinical psychologist, Clare challenges and agitates the status quo by examining the fundamentals of leading and learning.
She works with a variety of corporate organisations, educational institutions and private practices and has taught developmental child psychology and neuropsychology for undergraduates.
Clare is both an academic published author of peer reviewed journal articles on neuro and developmental psychology and co-author of the best-selling title, Teachers as Architects of Learning (2018).
Clare is the co-founder for the Centre of Learning Architects, supporting teachers and leaders in becoming students of their own professional practice.
Janelle McGann is a global educator with over 25 years’ experience in public and private schools in Australia, Ireland and the US.
As a teacher, leader, consultant and lecturer, she understands the demands of a changing educational landscape for teachers and leaders.
Janelle supports teachers and leaders in developing systems that nurture the human spirit of individuals and organisations and the students they serve.
Her work with schools focuses on supporting teachers in their roles as curriculum designers and instructional leaders, so they can design more effective curriculum to meet the needs of students.
Gavin Grift is the founder and CEO of Grift Education. His passion, commitment, humour and highly engaging style have made him one of Australia’s most in-demand presenters.
Through his keynotes, seminars, and coaching services, Gavin connects with national and international audiences on how to cultivate authentic collaboration, build success in others and genuinely commit to reflective practice.
He has led the development of PLC networks across Australia, culminating in the establishment of the Centre for Professional Learning Communities.
As a leading Hawker Brownlow Education author, he has combined his beliefs, research and experiences on the importance of collaboration and coaching to co-author numerous books.