Upcoming Program Dates: 24 March | 25 March | 28 June | 29 June 2021
Times: 01:30pm – 03:30pm AEST
Delivery Mode: Online – a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event
A school’s capacity to improve rests on the shoulders of effective teacher leaders whose roles extend well beyond the classroom.
In this online series, Gavin Grift, leads teacher leaders, including new leaders, through a process of self-discovery as they grapple with the demands of teaching and leading within schools.
In a time of major transition for the education sector, the focus is shifting from teaching to a focus on learning that prepares students for the future. To meet these demands, principals are striving to develop leadership within teacher ranks.
In this online professional learning experience, middle leaders will learn how to lead meaningful collaboration, provide feedback to peers and overcome the complexities of leading both colleagues and students at the same time.
Of interest to all leaders who are working hard to balance the demands of their teaching with those of their leadership role, this program equips them with the knowledge and contemporary research-based ideas to use in their work effectively with others. Learning the skills needed to motivate, inspire and guide others sits at the heart of this program.
Through this programme participants will;
- Reflect on what it means to be a leader of learning
- Understand the importance of identity
- Apply different frameworks for teacher leadership
- Improve skills to lead and manage conflict productively and positively
Discover communication tools and skills to develop professional relationships and higher-performing teams.
- Understand adult learning theory
- Build awareness of research on trust in schools
- Grow awareness of points of intervention for successful leadership
- Distinguish dialogue and discussion
- Develop skills of paraphrasing and asking questions for growth
- Understand the characteristics of effective meetings
- Learn a repertoire of strategies for use in meeting facilitation
This is a special online seminar run in conjunction with Learning Network New Zealand. Please register through Learning Network New Zealand via the Enrol Now link.